Online Admissions Counselor – The American Women’s College
|Institution:||Bay Path University|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist TAWC in achieving its Strategic Enrollment Management goals and standards with quality, integrity and compliance.
- Contact and interview prospective online students, explain TAWC’s program offerings and determines if TAWC is a good educational fit.
- Guide students through the application, registration, and enrollment process.
- Accountable for developing activities that result in strong relationships with prospective students.
- Follow all Bay Path College policies and procedures and ensure full compliance with all federal, state, and accreditation regulations and standards.
- Work with colleagues across the college in order to assist applicants and potential students.
- Clearly articulate mission and values of Bay Path College and TAWC to prospective undergraduate women.
- Provide superior customer service to potential students through the entire admission process.
- Consistently achieve performance goals for each term by maintaining targeted conversion metrics at each stage of the admission process.
- Respond to all new inquiries quickly and maintain consistent communication with all students throughout the admission process.
- Complete an average of 40 outbound calls per day to reach prospective students in a timely manner; respond to all inbound calls immediately or insure that another counselor or staff member responds.
- Conduct telephone-based personal interviews to qualify prospective students on their educational goals and interests, to explain available academic programs, to advise them on admission requirements, and to ensure that all admission paperwork is completed properly.
- Provide more in-depth counseling for students with undecided majors.
- Make decisions and/or recommendations concerning admission, appropriately adhering to all policies and procedures.
- Produce accurate applicant and inquiry reports, including forecasts, on a regular basis.
- Clearly articulate the following goals and concerns:
- Career advancement
- Career change
- Personal enrichment
- Cost (tuition and books)
- Schedule requirements and flexibility
- Credit transfer policy
- Attendance policy and procedures for Online and One-Day degree programs
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Psychology, Business or related area.
- Successful experience in admissions and/or advisement and/or marketing.
- Experience in higher education serving adult learners helpful.
- Passion for supporting students’ commitment and success in higher education.
- Energetic and positive in working independently and collaboratively with a team.
- Must be able to represent the organization in a professional manner, recruit and work within a diverse community, and follow all policies and procedures with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and listening abilities: persuasive and negotiation skills, effective professional writing, public speaking, interpersonal and public relations skills.
- Strong recruitment, sales, and customer service skills combined with a strong work ethic and a goal-oriented, self-motivated approach toward achieving consistent results.
- Leadership, organizational, time management, multi-tasking, and planning capabilities.
- Discretion and diplomacy with ability to handle sensitive, confidential matters.
- Computer skills including proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as experience using customer relationship management systems and the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must successfully pass the online Defensive Driving Course and driving record check at time of hire and annually thereafter.
Applicants for this position should submit a cover letter outlining salary requirements, resume and contact information for four professional references. All applications should be sent electronically in MS Word format to email@example.com.
|Contact:||Human Resource Office
Bay Path University