Marine Veteran & Investment Analyst, Connecticut Innovations
Mike has been an observing board member for C2C since 2012. As a Marine Veteran with firsthand experience navigating the transition from the military to higher education, his advice and support has been instrumental in assisting the company develop and grow.
Mike is responsible for supporting CI’s startup initiatives (Pre-Seed Fund, CTech incubator program and business accelerators), evaluating seed investment opportunities, structuring new investments and monitoring portfolio companies. Mike has been involved in CI’s pre-seed investments in Axiom Education, Combat2Career, Green Buildings Online, Grey Wall Software, iDevices, InLineAdz, MDL Medical, Nxt-ID, ReadyDock, The Green Life Guides and Umbie Health Corporation.
Prior to joining CI, Mike worked for the University of Connecticut as manager of the Springboard Program. Mike assisted research faculty as they formulated ideas for new technology companies and partnerships and helped to establish startup companies.
- M.B.A, Venture Consulting, University of Connecticut
- Bachelor’s Degree, Law and Society, University of Connecticut
- United States Marine Corps
- Parachute rigger, jumped and trained with USMC special forces
- Favorite place traveled to: Australia and Hawaii
- Community/volunteer work: Hartford Young Professionals and Entrepreneurs (HYPE) and Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans with Disabilities (EBV)
- Favorite food: Filet mignon
Best Advice Given